1. Welcome Hannah to Namambe. When is your birthday? And how many languages do you speak?
11 December 1989, I speak Afrikaans, English, Oshiwambo and Otjiherero
2. Wonderful!. Tell us more about yourself
People who know me say that I am a down to earth and determined individual. I was born in Onayena in the north of Namibia but, I moved to Walvis Bay as a child and attended all my schooling years there. I describe myself an entrepreneur who turned my qualification in Fashion Design from the College of the Arts into a business.
3. Where did you go to school?
De Duine High School in Walvis Bay
4. What are you doing for a living?
I run a fashion design and make-up business as well as working part-time as a make-up artist for the NBC TV local programmes department. Being a Make-up artist I apply make up on people’s faces.
5. Who is your favourite musician and why?
The Dogg because he makes good music and he is from Onayena where I was born.
6. What do you enjoy doing at weekends?
I like to be in the company of my friends and those dear to my heart. I occasional go out for a drink or two to relax and let off some steam.
7. How do you describe a gentleman?
To me a gentleman is a man that treats a woman the way she is meant to be treated, he is kind at heart and a decisive when need be.
8. If you were a man what is one thing that won’t do in your life?
I would never commit rape, never!
9. What was your most embarrassing moment in life?
When I fell in front of a lot of people while wearing high heels and a short dress.
10. Who is your role model?
Dr. Sam Nujoma because he sacrificed so much for our country, I will always admire his patriotism.
11. What is a make-up artist?
A Make-up artist is an artist whose medium is the human body, applying makeup and prosthetics for theatrical, television, film, fashion, magazines and other similar productions including all aspects of the modeling industry. In other words apply make on tv-presenters, photoshoots, weddings and on artists who want to do their music video, girls going for matric farewell etc.
12. What is your dream car?
Golf GTI. I just love that car, it is so beautiful.
13. If you are given one million Namibian dollars, how are you going to spend it?
I am going to invest most of it in my business to expand production of garments and probably open a fashion boutique. And since I was given the money, for good luck I would donate some of it for the benefit of the less fortunate.
14. In your view what should be done to encourage many people in Namibia to use the internet?
I have heard about a few countries in the world in which access to the internet is free, maybe Namibia should follow suit. But, for now internet service providers can reduce their charging fees.
15. What is your favourite town in Namibia and why?
Walvis Bay because I grew up there, I will always have a soft spot for Walvis.
16. What message do you have for young girls?
Please try to work hard and never give up on your dream.